Sunday, December 17, 2006

blogger event #7 the pub poker last stand!

well after changing the game from omaha hi/lo to a deep stack holdem tourny!that kinda suited me as ive hardly ever played omaha hi lo!after a brilliant day fishing the day before i was ready to face the bloggers in the final stand and last event of the 7 event league! to start off with my computers power suplly packed up so i had to quickly download poker.com on my dads computer. i turned up 30 minutes late and to my amazement was only down 45 chips which is pretty sweet considering you start with 5000 !after a few pot i found my self up to 7 k only to fall to 900 chips after folding a big pot!there was around 75 ppl left of the 112 starters and i thought to my self shit im gana fall out early and top 20 on the leaderboard may allude me. meanwhile my kiwi mate kanyezee was ripping up with a stack of 23 k at one stage coming 2nd place. He dropped half his stack and found it hard to come back falling out in 56th. well for me i dont know how but i won my blinds every round and tripled up on rockets to get back up to 7 k it was so funny coz i grinded my way to 18th position and secured my place in the grand final.
I ended up finishing 8th overall with no referal bonuses so i was pretty stoked with that effort i won $90 buks in preize money. my results were

Event 1 9th
Event 2 61st
Event 3 49th
Event 4 4th
Event 5 8th
Event 6 34th
Event 7 18th

Im so happy i made the top 20 and the grand final. my first blogger tour was a great experience and i even managed to score an accolade!wel c how i go in the final il be watchin all the inspirational movies(Rocky, Rambo, Braveheart,Rounders etc) i can this week in preparation for the biggest tourny ive ever played in!

Congrats to the other players who made the top 20 they are in order :


skinski
Irongirl
purechaos
imjusthere4thebeer
ViezeMan
kufolem
ZowieZ
astinaguy
iyatoni
freeroll26
natsdad
JayNYC
brodoughno
Evil666
EgonOlsen
cerberi
PearlSnapMan
Hacksaw2000
OhioMike

1 comment:

PearlSnapMan said...

Congrats, see you at the final.